This news is all about the rumours regarding the UK release date, price and specifications of new Google Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 2016. A rumour was found that HTC would be working on 2 new Nexus phones for 2016 at the end of April 2016 after a tip from @evleaks, the serial leaker on Twitter.
UK release date and price rumours:
Every year a new Nexus smartphone is revealed by Google. We will see Android N in 2016. At Google I/O, it announced about the launch of new Nexus 5 and/or new Nexus 6 handset on October.
Though the price is still not confirmed, now Nexus 5X costs £299 and Nexus 6 costs £499. If they were any more costly, we’d be very much surprised.
This is to make clear that all information you find here is completely speculation and rumours. Here are some rumours regarding specifications of new Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 2016:
1. According to Droid Life’s report, Google’s intention is for applying Apple-like control over its Nexus phones for 2016. This implies that it doesn’t require HTC, Huawei or LG for design and manufacturing procedures for its devices. However, rumours came off with a report that possibly HTC or Huawei will be involved in making these devices.
2. In 2016, either HTC or Huawei will be manufacturing the new Nexus 6. In fact, @evleaks, the serial leaker also backed the claim in April 2016 that HTC would be producing both phones.
3. As per the suggestion of Pan Jiutang, the new Nexus 6 2016 handset will be a high-performing mobile including the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, which seems like a logical move while compared to the earlier versions.
4. Nexus 6 will be named as a Phablet and Nexus 5 will be a standard smartphone. The new Nexus 5 may have a full-HD screen built by HTC, whereas the Nexus 6P has a 5.7 inch Quad-HD display.
5. LlabTooFeR, the Twitter tipster claims the new Nexus 2016 phones’ (5 & 6) codenames are T50 and T55, both of which indicates at the rumoured 5 inch and 5.5 inch screen sizes.
6. It is to be expected that the new Nexus devices will come with unlimited online storage of video and image through Google Photos without requirement of reducing the file sizes. As per Android Police, the latest update of Photos adds text which describes a particular advantage for Nexus users, i.e. free unlimited storage for real quality videos and photos uploaded from their Nexus phones.
7. The new Nexus devices will be running a brand-new OS, which is presently known as Android N.
8. The new Nexus 2016 devices will feature USB-C for charging and data transfer. Its built-in Snapdragon 820 processor also supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 with a compatible mains adaptor for super-fast charging.
If any more rumours or news regarding new Nexus phones are found this year, we will definitely update them on our site.