– Skip to deals
|No deals found! Try again later or check the alternatives|
Latest Contract phones from BlackBerry, You May Like
Blackberry DTEK50: Complete Overview
After the launch of its first ever Android smartphone, PRIV last year, Blackberry is back with its new Android flagship DTEK50 in 2016. Many people were waiting eagerly for the second Blackberry Android phone, as the first effort fell short of expectations and was not actually a smash hit.
With its DTEK50 handset, Blackberry is touting as the safest and most secure smartphone across the globe. However, what makes this phone standout among others? Is security enough of a point of selling for making this device worth buying?
Let’s have a look on the in-depth review on Blackberry DTEK50.
If you look at the DTEK50, you can see that this device is quite similar to other phones, as it is based on the same TCL reference design which Alcatel utilized with the IDOL 4, to make them quite similar.
All from the rear-facing and dual front-facing speaker, flat sides, the rounded corners and the curves at the top and bottom setup is found in the DTEK50, and the main difference from the IDOL 4 is on the back as DTEK50 features a textured material with a silicone-like feel instead of a glass support.
Its usual shape is reminiscent of the Nexus 4, but it doesn’t come with fingerprint scanner. If we take a look around the handset, we can find that the micro USB port and the headphone jack are at the bottom and top respectively, and the microSD and the SIM card slot is on the right side. This handset features a programmable button with can be used for toggling Wi-Fi, controlling the LED flash, composing a text or opening any app. This convenience key can lock the device, but can’t wake it.
The DTEK50 comes with a full HD resolution with a 5.2-inch IPS LCD display with a pixel density of 424ppi. The screen has good viewing angles and provides decent amount of contrast and colours.
The superb handset DTEK50 sports an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor with a clock speed of 1.5GHz. It is backed by 3GB of RAM and Adreno 405 GPU. Its touch responsiveness is quite good. Its in-game functionality doesn’t run smoothly, but it performs other tasks really well.
With the DTEK50, you’ll get 16GB of on-board storage; however, the device also provides expandable storage up to 256GB via microSD card. Be it in front or rear, with its dual-facing speakers, the phone comes with a better sound quality.
The DTEK50 is backed by a 2,610mAh battery. But the battery life doesn’t last a day if you want to play games, watch videos, surfing internet throughout the day.
The DTEK50 features an 8MP front-facing shooter, with an f/2.2 aperture, alongside a 13MP rear camera, with a dual LED flash, phase detection auto focus and an f/2.0 aperture. You don’t need additional shooting modes as this handset is already filled up with bunch of live filters. It features an HDR auto mode and an in-built manual mode also to control exposure, ISO, shutter speed, white balance and the focus.
However, the camera doesn’t work well in low-light conditions. In fact the 8MP front-facing camera is not so noteworthy. But the colour reproduction is though good, while shooting in well-lit areas or outdoors.
Software & Security:
The DTEK50’s selling point is not the specifications, the camera or its design but the security and software which it provides. The main security comes from the DTEK app which shows the device’s security status. Your all data is encrypted with DTEK50. A factory reset protection is also there with which nobody is able to utilize your phone without knowing your Google account information.
This Blackberry handset runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. It features a productivity tab, which can be accessed by swiping from the right for seeing your latest contacts, tasks, emails, calendar events etc. The excellent feature Blackberry Hub is the one-stop solution for virtually your every notification. Blackberry provides many customization and tweaking options also. It definitely comes with its own software keyboard also.
Pricing & final thoughts:
The DTEK50 is lesser expensive than its predecessor PRIV. From the phone maker, it costs £275; however, this mobile’s retail expense is not confirmed yet. With its top-notch security, the DTEK50 can be a worth investment. But what do you think about this handset? Is only security enough to you? Share with us in the comment section below.
Recent News on Blackberry DTEK50
BlackBerry is done with Designing & Building Its Own Signature Phones
Blackberry DTEK50 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 7
What is a phone contract?
Blackberry DTEK50 Contract refers to handset and tariff plan deals sold by network including monthly allowances of call minutes, texts and internet data. In these deals you pay the handset cost in installments over the period of contract duration.
If you opt for some upfront cost in your contract it will help you in lowering monthly premium as well as over the total contract term. Data, call or text used outside allowances in your tariff will be charged in your next month bill.
You just have to choose your desired phone with monthly tariff plan and set-up a bill payment method, your phone will be delivered to your door as per your scheduled delivery.
Advantages of mobile phones on contract
- You need not to pay full cost of handset outright, depending on the plan you have selected upfront cost might be zero.
- You don’t need to top-up for allowances, as you already has setup limits of usages. Going beyond the limits will be charged in the next bill.
- A free gift or cashback may be included in the deal, depending of the contract you have chosen.
FAQ’s Contract Phones
- Is it cheaper to get a contract phone?
- In a very few cases via some retailers it may be possible to get a cheaper contract in compare to buying the handset and SIM card separately.
- The main benefit with contract mobile is, it splits the phone cost in installments.
- What do I need for a mobile phone contract?
- When buying online, your debit or credit card will work as proof of your identity for most retailers and networks.
- You will need to pass the network credit check.
- Criteria to pass credit check for a mobile phones?
- Applicant must be over 18 to get a Pay Monthly contract.
- Applicant must have some form of UK credit or financial history.
- Applicant needs to be on the electoral roll at the address.
- A good credit score is required, minimum credit score depends on the network, handset and cost of your selected tariff plan, etc.
Why are these phone contracts so cheap?
We compare all the Blackberry DTEK50 deals, offered by networks and retailers in the online UK market. As we have found direct offers from network providers like EE, O2, Vodafone etc are rarely competitive to resellers. If you were purchasing phones directly from networks, you may be surprised by these prices.
As resellers are reducing their cost buy purchasing phones in bulk and also working on less margins in comparison to networks, so they are able to offer such cheap deals.
All phones are genuine with manufacturer’s warranty and network services are directly from the providers so you need not to worry a bit about the quality. And the retailers we have compared are also reputed and well established in the market from long time.
How to keep my mobile number?
You can keep your number with the purchase of the phone in either method depending on your current network and the provider of the deal you want to purchase.
If you wish to stay with your existing network, you should go for an upgrade deal.
- Finished with your existing contract, just call the network to get the lowest upgrade price with the desired phone.
- Compare the upgrade deals on Blackberry DTEK50 with us at the same phone; we are sure you will get a cheaper option.
- Still the new contract offers might be better than an upgrade, so you can switch to some other network and port your number to that. A fiddly alternative is to switch with some other network with PAYG SIM and switch back to your existing network with the new contract offer.
If you wish to switch your network, you have to PORT your number
As the cheapest deals are always offered to new customers, so you are eligible for that. Grab the best contract on Blackberry DTEK50 with us for maximum saving. Below are the steps of porting a number.
- Order the new phone and make sure you are happy with the delivery.
- Ask the PAC (Port Authorization Code) code from your existing network.
- Give this PAC code to your new network to transfer you number to your new phone.
- Number porting usually takes 15 minutes and exceptionally up to 2 hours of time.
- As soon as the PORT process will complete, your old contract will be automatically cancelled.
What is a refurbished phone?
Refurbished Blackberry DTEK50 is the devices, which were sent back due to any fault or under any exchange plan or any other authorized reason by its previous owner. However these are checked and restored to fully working condition if necessary.
Typically they come without original packing and accessories. To ensure comfort of further users, warranty is added with them. Technically it is a used phone but it is better then bought from any random user.
Based on condition these might be categorized as:
- Grade A: new looking condition and no major signs of handling.
- Grade B: may have minor scratches or signs of being used.
- Grade C: will show signs of being used.
With the brand new phones we also compare cheap offers of refurbished phones. We put an indicator (refurb), within the deal; if no such indicator is present then it’s a new phone.
What is a cashback deal?
You may have found few contracts on Blackberry DTEK50, inclusive a cashback. It can be redeemable or automatic in nature. It reduces your effective cost of the overall contract but doesn’t effect on your monthly payments. Few retailers may have shown it as discounted monthly line rental but we have shown it separately to make it clearer.
- Automatic Cashback: as the name suggests, it is paid to you directly by the retailer at the set period of time of your contract.
- Redeemable Cashback: it is usually higher than the automatic cashback for the same plan offered. But you need to claim it at the set intervals during your contract period.
We recommend you to clarify all cashback related queries at the retailer’s website, as the terms may vary for different retailers.