– Skip to deals
|No deals found! Try again later or check the alternatives|
Latest Contract phones from Google, You May Like
Everything You Need to Know About Google Pixel XL Phone
This new device marks a departure from the Nexus line which has catered the company well for long, bringing high-end specifications and costs for matching. So, let’s have a discussion on everything you should know about the Google Pixel XL phone:
Design & Build:
The Pixel XL comes with large lower bezel and a curved metal frame. Its 168g weight and dimensions of 76x155x8.6mm make it more manageable and easier-to-hold.
The volume and power buttons are on the right of the device. You can use a Nano-SIM card to use the device. The upper section features the fingerprint reader and camera that are polished glass finish. But you’ll have to use the lock screen if the device is sitting on a flat surface like a desk.
The Pixel XL comes with some amusingly named colour variants such as Very Silver, Quite Black, and Really Blue. It comes with an IP53 rating which offers light dust and water spray protection. Thus, the device is neither waterproof nor water resistant.
Specifications & Hardware:
The Pixel XL comes equipped with a larger 5.5-inch Quad HD AMOLED display with a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels. It is powered by a Quad-core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 CPU along with 4GB of RAM and an Adreno 530 GPU. This potent combination is found to be responsive and snappy even with multiple applications open.
One downside of this device is that Google doesn’t offer expandable storage. You can buy Google’s Smart Storage that will automatically clear older videos and photos when your device gets full – those which have been backed up i.e. and Google is providing unlimited space for every image and video taken on the Pixel XL. The Pixel XL provides with some connectivity options such as CAT 9 LTE, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, and dual-band 11ac Wi-Fi.
Although Pixel Imprint fingerprint scanner assists Moves, you’ll have to switch this on in the settings. But you can’t swipe up for the application draw and right for Google Now. With the Pixel XL’s large 3250mAh battery, Google claims that it will offer you 14 hours of video playback, 14 hours of Wi-Fi browsing and 32 hours of talk time.
The device also supports fast charging via USB-C port. Either side of the USB-C port is 2 slots, which can be mistaken as stereo speakers.
The Pixel XL also features a 12.3MP rear unit with 1.55µm pixels. It has phase detection autofocus but the lack of optical image stabilisation. Rather the device uses digital stabilisation which makes things smoother. There is also an 8MP camera found at the front of the device.
The Pixel XL comes carrying Android Nougat 7.1. This clean and smart OS introduces the capacity of sliding up from the main screen for opening the app tray and also replaces the Google bar with a tiny tab on the left.
Few more touches include the ability to blur the background wallpaper and you can also select the daily wallpaper or Live Earth that moves as you do things. Google has also included a Night Light that turns the screen a red colour which helps you get to sleep and eases the strain on your eyes.
There is a new notification style slot at the top of settings from where you can switch things off fast like Wi-Fi hotspot fast without requiring delving into the menu.
The Pixel XL is the first phone to come with Google Assistant in-built. You can press the home button for long on the Pixel XL anytime for launching it. An improved version of Google Now helps you control different apps, get directions to events, answer queries and schedule your diary on the phone.
Google Allo is another added app which also includes Google Assistant. It actually replaces Hangouts enabling chats and a privacy mode. Google Duo additionally comes as standard.
The Pixel XL is the first Daydream, Google’s new VR technology-ready device. It’s certainly a step up from Google Cardboard.
Although the Pixel XL is a lucrative handset with a good combo of software and hardware, we can’t ignore its downsides. It’s quite same as the cheaper OnePlus 3 and Nexus 6P. You can have enough other Android phones for less that come with additional features like expandable storage and waterproofing. So, things are quite disappointing here.
What is a phone contract?
Google Pixel XL Contract refers to handset and tariff plan deals sold by network including monthly allowances of call minutes, texts and internet data. In these deals you pay the handset cost in installments over the period of contract duration.
If you opt for some upfront cost in your contract it will help you in lowering monthly premium as well as over the total contract term. Data, call or text used outside allowances in your tariff will be charged in your next month bill.
You just have to choose your desired phone with monthly tariff plan and set-up a bill payment method, your phone will be delivered to your door as per your scheduled delivery.
Advantages of mobile phones on contract
- You need not to pay full cost of handset outright, depending on the plan you have selected upfront cost might be zero.
- You don’t need to top-up for allowances, as you already has setup limits of usages. Going beyond the limits will be charged in the next bill.
- A free gift or cashback may be included in the deal, depending of the contract you have chosen.
FAQ’s Contract Phones
- Is it cheaper to get a contract phone?
- In a very few cases via some retailers it may be possible to get a cheaper contract in compare to buying the handset and SIM card separately.
- The main benefit with contract mobile is, it splits the phone cost in installments.
- What do I need for a mobile phone contract?
- When buying online, your debit or credit card will work as proof of your identity for most retailers and networks.
- You will need to pass the network credit check.
- Criteria to pass credit check for a mobile phones?
- Applicant must be over 18 to get a Pay Monthly contract.
- Applicant must have some form of UK credit or financial history.
- Applicant needs to be on the electoral roll at the address.
- A good credit score is required, minimum credit score depends on the network, handset and cost of your selected tariff plan, etc.
Why are these phone contracts so cheap?
We compare all the Google Pixel XL deals, offered by networks and retailers in the online UK market. As we have found direct offers from network providers like EE, O2, Vodafone etc are rarely competitive to resellers. If you were purchasing phones directly from networks, you may be surprised by these prices.
As resellers are reducing their cost buy purchasing phones in bulk and also working on less margins in comparison to networks, so they are able to offer such cheap deals.
All phones are genuine with manufacturer’s warranty and network services are directly from the providers so you need not to worry a bit about the quality. And the retailers we have compared are also reputed and well established in the market from long time.
How to keep my mobile number?
You can keep your number with the purchase of the phone in either method depending on your current network and the provider of the deal you want to purchase.
If you wish to stay with your existing network, you should go for an upgrade deal.
- Finished with your existing contract, just call the network to get the lowest upgrade price with the desired phone.
- Compare the upgrade deals on Google Pixel XL with us at the same phone; we are sure you will get a cheaper option.
- Still the new contract offers might be better than an upgrade, so you can switch to some other network and port your number to that. A fiddly alternative is to switch with some other network with PAYG SIM and switch back to your existing network with the new contract offer.
If you wish to switch your network, you have to PORT your number
As the cheapest deals are always offered to new customers, so you are eligible for that. Grab the best contract on Google Pixel XL with us for maximum saving. Below are the steps of porting a number.
- Order the new phone and make sure you are happy with the delivery.
- Ask the PAC (Port Authorization Code) code from your existing network.
- Give this PAC code to your new network to transfer you number to your new phone.
- Number porting usually takes 15 minutes and exceptionally up to 2 hours of time.
- As soon as the PORT process will complete, your old contract will be automatically cancelled.
What is a refurbished phone?
Refurbished Google Pixel XL is the devices, which were sent back due to any fault or under any exchange plan or any other authorized reason by its previous owner. However these are checked and restored to fully working condition if necessary.
Typically they come without original packing and accessories. To ensure comfort of further users, warranty is added with them. Technically it is a used phone but it is better then bought from any random user.
Based on condition these might be categorized as:
- Grade A: new looking condition and no major signs of handling.
- Grade B: may have minor scratches or signs of being used.
- Grade C: will show signs of being used.
With the brand new phones we also compare cheap offers of refurbished phones. We put an indicator (refurb), within the deal; if no such indicator is present then it’s a new phone.
What is a cashback deal?
You may have found few contracts on Google Pixel XL, inclusive a cashback. It can be redeemable or automatic in nature. It reduces your effective cost of the overall contract but doesn’t effect on your monthly payments. Few retailers may have shown it as discounted monthly line rental but we have shown it separately to make it clearer.
- Automatic Cashback: as the name suggests, it is paid to you directly by the retailer at the set period of time of your contract.
- Redeemable Cashback: it is usually higher than the automatic cashback for the same plan offered. But you need to claim it at the set intervals during your contract period.
We recommend you to clarify all cashback related queries at the retailer’s website, as the terms may vary for different retailers.