– Skip to deals
|No deals found! Try again later or check the alternatives|
Latest Contract phones from Microsoft, You May Like
Let’s look into the detailed features of Microsoft Lumia 640.
Microsoft has come up with its latest device known as Microsoft Lumia 640. The device has all the latest features which are really liked by the initial user of smart phone. The device has a big and beautiful display which really makes the working easy. The device has a latest operating system as well. It really let the user to enjoy latest applications and make the device fast as well. At the same the device has an expandable memory. So user does not have the problem of saving excess of data.
The first and the foremost feature of the device is display. The Microsoft Lumia 6490 has a display of 5.1 inches with IPS LCD capacitive touch screen. The device has a 16 m colour which brings out nice clear and sharp images. The device has a resolution of 294 ppi pixel density resolution. The device is multi touch and has corning gorilla glass 3 on the top which save the device from scratches and make it durable. The device too have clear black display.
Then, it comes to an operating system. The Microsoft Lumia 640 has a latest operating system which makes the device fast and easy to access. The device has a chipset of QUALCOMM snapdragon accompanied quad core 1.2 GHz cortex A7. The device brings out nice clear and sharp graphics n videos, images and games as well as Adreno 305 are installed in it.
Next, the Microsoft Lumia 640 has two powerful cameras. The device has primary camera of 8MP with autofocus, LED flash. It brings out clear and sharp images. On the other side the device has a secondary camera of 1MP. The device brings out clear selfie in day light. The device too have video recording feature. Therefore video recording can be made out at 1080p@30fps .the device has several other features like sensor size.
Last but not the least is Memory. The Microsoft Lumia640 has an internal memory of 8 GB with 1 GB RAM. The device has a space for micro SD card. Therefore, memory can be expandable up to 128 GB. The user will not face the problem of saving excess of data.
What experts think about Microsoft Lumia 640?
According to trustedreviews.com, The Microsoft Lumia 640 is a compact, feature-rich affordable 5-inch mobile that showcases the best of Microsoft’s mobile apps and productivity tools.
According to cnet.com, Both the screen and camera are among the best you’ll find at this price, you can swap out the back panels for fresh colours, and the Windows Phone software is easy to use.
According to pcadvisor.co.uk, the 640 has had a slight boost with the doubling up on RAM to 1GB. The camera loads much faster under Lumia Denim.
- The device is Superb value for money
- Lumia camera applications
- 12 months free subscription to Microsoft 365 Personal included
- Poor app store experience
In all, the Microsoft Lumia 640 has all the latest features. The device has two cameras. The primary camera brings out nice clear and sharp images. The device requires micro Sim to start u the device. It is nice sleek device with a big display. The device has latest operating system of Microsoft. The best and the worth device to buy.
Recent News on Microsoft Lumia 640
Microsoft Lumia 650 is now official and is bound for Cricket Wireless
Microsoft Lumia will be rolled out by early February
New Microsoft App will inform you if your Lumia phone is eligible for Windows 10 update
What is a phone contract?
Microsoft Lumia 640 Contract refers to handset and tariff plan deals sold by network including monthly allowances of call minutes, texts and internet data. In these deals you pay the handset cost in installments over the period of contract duration.
If you opt for some upfront cost in your contract it will help you in lowering monthly premium as well as over the total contract term. Data, call or text used outside allowances in your tariff will be charged in your next month bill.
You just have to choose your desired phone with monthly tariff plan and set-up a bill payment method, your phone will be delivered to your door as per your scheduled delivery.
Advantages of mobile phones on contract
- You need not to pay full cost of handset outright, depending on the plan you have selected upfront cost might be zero.
- You don’t need to top-up for allowances, as you already has setup limits of usages. Going beyond the limits will be charged in the next bill.
- A free gift or cashback may be included in the deal, depending of the contract you have chosen.
FAQ’s Contract Phones
- Is it cheaper to get a contract phone?
- In a very few cases via some retailers it may be possible to get a cheaper contract in compare to buying the handset and SIM card separately.
- The main benefit with contract mobile is, it splits the phone cost in installments.
- What do I need for a mobile phone contract?
- When buying online, your debit or credit card will work as proof of your identity for most retailers and networks.
- You will need to pass the network credit check.
- Criteria to pass credit check for a mobile phones?
- Applicant must be over 18 to get a Pay Monthly contract.
- Applicant must have some form of UK credit or financial history.
- Applicant needs to be on the electoral roll at the address.
- A good credit score is required, minimum credit score depends on the network, handset and cost of your selected tariff plan, etc.
Why are these phone contracts so cheap?
We compare all the Microsoft Lumia 640 deals, offered by networks and retailers in the online UK market. As we have found direct offers from network providers like EE, O2, Vodafone etc are rarely competitive to resellers. If you were purchasing phones directly from networks, you may be surprised by these prices.
As resellers are reducing their cost buy purchasing phones in bulk and also working on less margins in comparison to networks, so they are able to offer such cheap deals.
All phones are genuine with manufacturer’s warranty and network services are directly from the providers so you need not to worry a bit about the quality. And the retailers we have compared are also reputed and well established in the market from long time.
How to keep my mobile number?
You can keep your number with the purchase of the phone in either method depending on your current network and the provider of the deal you want to purchase.
If you wish to stay with your existing network, you should go for an upgrade deal.
- Finished with your existing contract, just call the network to get the lowest upgrade price with the desired phone.
- Compare the upgrade deals on Microsoft Lumia 640 with us at the same phone; we are sure you will get a cheaper option.
- Still the new contract offers might be better than an upgrade, so you can switch to some other network and port your number to that. A fiddly alternative is to switch with some other network with PAYG SIM and switch back to your existing network with the new contract offer.
If you wish to switch your network, you have to PORT your number
As the cheapest deals are always offered to new customers, so you are eligible for that. Grab the best contract on Microsoft Lumia 640 with us for maximum saving. Below are the steps of porting a number.
- Order the new phone and make sure you are happy with the delivery.
- Ask the PAC (Port Authorization Code) code from your existing network.
- Give this PAC code to your new network to transfer you number to your new phone.
- Number porting usually takes 15 minutes and exceptionally up to 2 hours of time.
- As soon as the PORT process will complete, your old contract will be automatically cancelled.
What is a refurbished phone?
Refurbished Microsoft Lumia 640 is the devices, which were sent back due to any fault or under any exchange plan or any other authorized reason by its previous owner. However these are checked and restored to fully working condition if necessary.
Typically they come without original packing and accessories. To ensure comfort of further users, warranty is added with them. Technically it is a used phone but it is better then bought from any random user.
Based on condition these might be categorized as:
- Grade A: new looking condition and no major signs of handling.
- Grade B: may have minor scratches or signs of being used.
- Grade C: will show signs of being used.
With the brand new phones we also compare cheap offers of refurbished phones. We put an indicator (refurb), within the deal; if no such indicator is present then it’s a new phone.
What is a cashback deal?
You may have found few contracts on Microsoft Lumia 640, inclusive a cashback. It can be redeemable or automatic in nature. It reduces your effective cost of the overall contract but doesn’t effect on your monthly payments. Few retailers may have shown it as discounted monthly line rental but we have shown it separately to make it clearer.
- Automatic Cashback: as the name suggests, it is paid to you directly by the retailer at the set period of time of your contract.
- Redeemable Cashback: it is usually higher than the automatic cashback for the same plan offered. But you need to claim it at the set intervals during your contract period.
We recommend you to clarify all cashback related queries at the retailer’s website, as the terms may vary for different retailers.